torsdag 30. august 2012

Days 20-25

Day 25 and I'm still hanging in here. Nothing new really. I'm still not sleeping properly and I have not experienced this energy boost people are talking about. Other than that I feel perfectly fine, my feet are warmer and no heartburn. I think I have lost a little more weight, exited to see on tuesday how much. I do hope it's more than 7 lb. My tummy is smaller I can see that. Actually it's been so easy to follow this regime that I totally lost track of how man days I've done it. 
 Sunday I had a real bad day energywise. We went for a long walk in the woods, 5,5 miles, and I struggled from beginnig to end. My spouse has been quite impressed with me on other walks we've been on, but on Sunday he was not at all impressed with me, he had to stop and wait for me all the time. It's quite a few steep hills in this wood, and I hated everyone of them. The little waterfall was beautiful though and I rested a while there.
On Tuesday we went out for dinner and concert. Leonard Cohen, my favorite singer had an outdoor concert. It was a great concert, if possible I love him and his music even more now. I was a bit sceptic going out for dinner, but I called the retaurant in advance and found out I could eat the lambfillet with vegetables. I even could eat the sauce.
Now I'm not going to write the menus for all 5 days. I can't remember it all. I made the Curry again yesterday. We had a visitor who is a vegetarian so I made it with only vegetables and served the fried chicken on the side. Big hit, this is definately a recepie I'm going to use a lot. So easy and so delicious. 
It's lamb season in Norway and today I made a Norwegian speciality Fårikål, which means sheep in cabbage. The lambs has been running around in the mountains all summer and the meat is really delicious. Here is how we make this dish, if this is not Paleo or W30 nothing is. :) Put one layer of pieces of lamb in a big saucepan, then one layer of cabbage, one layer of lamb again, cabbage on the top. Salt and pepper between the layers. As many layers as you want, but the rule is always meat in the bottom and cabbage on the top. Add a little water, cook for about 1,5-2 hours. Normally we serve with potatoes, but I did not miss the potatoes today. Mmmmm yummi. It is a dish that also is very convinient to freeze, we normally make loads of it and put in the freezer. Anyone dare to try this?? 
I have now had my first workout doing crossfit training, it was quite exhausting and I do feel it in every muscle today. It was a bit fun though and took only about 45 minutes. The plan is to do another workout tomorrow. Today we've been for a walk againg, about an hour a lot of it uphill, but today it was easy peasy again. 
 

1 kommentar:

  1. Så flink du er! Høres ut som det går greit. Utrolig hvor lite man savner synes jeg.. Har forresten prøvd å spise en kake og en dessert.. gikk helt fint frem til for 2 dager siden har verket noe sinnsykt.. så nå er det rett tilbake på streng 30 dagers igjen.. fytti ikke verdt det! I morgen er det Portugal for turen!! Gleder oss! Ha en fin ny uke! klem Hege x

    SvarSlett