mandag 13. august 2012

Day 8

Monday and the first day of my second week of the W30. We've had such nice weather so most of the day I spent in my bikini on the balcony reading a god book. It's not to many of theese days in my part of the world, so I really enjoyed it.

When the sun left my balcony I put on my new MTB shoes and went for a walk. It was quite a strange experience, I felt tall and that my back was really straight. I had to take small steps and I really felt I was using a lot of muscles I did not even know I had.

Here is a description of the MBT technology. 

MBT stands for "Masai Barefoot Technology," and the shoes are designed to simulate walking in sand. It's a multi-layered, curved sole that accomplishes this by creating a natural but uneven walking surface. This technology is meant to make the core strengthening muscles more active, creating better posture and increasing shock absorbtion for all of the joints. It also makes wearing the shoes quite a unique experience, and a bit of a workout. 

As it was my first time using the shoes I took some regular trainers with me in my backpack and changed when I felt the MBTs started to get a little uncomfortable. It takes a while to get used to them I think.

For dinner today I made a Norwegian dish with reindeer meat. Normally I use sour cream in this dish, today I tried out coconut milk. Instead of mashed potatoes I served it with cauliflower rice. The cranberry jam however I could not replace, so my portion was without. Trust me, this dish taste a lot better with cranberry jam on the side, so I think next time I make it it will be in the traditional way, when my W30 is over. It was a nice meal though.

Todays menu:

Breakfast: Left over sliders and a green salad with EVOO
Dinner: Reindeer meat cooked with mushrooms, crushed juniper berries and coconut milk. Served with cauliflowe rice and broccoli. 1 Nectarine for desert.
Evening meal: Omelet made with coconut milk, walnuts and macadamia nuts.


 I have to say, I feel a litte bit on my own doing this W30, all the blogs I've found so far on the topic is American. I read recepies I think looks really yummi, but some of the ingredients I dont know what is, brands is different and some things are probably not to be found here in Norway.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar